Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Starburst

My stay-at-home-mom friends and I have become coupon crazy lately. I started last fall and fell off the wagon around the holidays, but renewed my coupon love in the last few weeks. Last week I scored 32 packages of king-sized Starburst and Skittles for almost free...$3.12 to be exact. just less than 10 cents each. Why so many, you might ask? We have four computers and four printers, so I take advantage of every offer, times four.

So yes, the Easter Bunny will be bringing Skittles and Starburst this year. Lots of them. And the rest of my stash will be lovingly placed in birthday-party gift bags throughout the Spring for OTHER children- not my own. My kids don't eat much candy. So even though I feel that special little happy buzz that I got it so cheap, I will not keep it for myself- I will give it away.

But before it all goes, I did happen to open one pack of Starburst. I love the colors. Pink, especially. When I was making this flower today I thought of Starburst. But I realized that Starburst doesn't have any green- I added lime green to the flower anyway.

Here is my candy-inspired felt flower headband, listed on Etsy for a bargain, just like I got last week with my coupons!


0 comments: