Monday, March 8, 2010

Hats off to Spring!

Even though we still have a few weeks left of winter, this past weekend gave us a little taste of Spring in New England. I won't be surprised if I see a robin poking around the yard today- my girls made sure to sprinkle plenty of birdseed throughout the yard to make sure the robins come out.


We took a walk in the fresh air yesterday and it's the first time I saw my girls hair bouncing in the breeze since last fall. I'm so excited that the hats are coming off now and the pretty hair accessories can come out of hibernation.

I've been digging through my fabric stash (which is WAY to big for someone who doesn't really sew that much) and I'm going to put together some trios of fabric hair flowers. They are so springy and fresh. These are currently listed on Etsy for just $9.99 for the set. Find them here.


They are pretty over a ponytail in the back of her hair, or pull the top hair off to the side a little and clip one in. Older girls might wear them on an elastic headband, or clip them onto a bag or beanie hat.

The weathermen tell me that we'll get a "wintry mix" later this week. So we won't put the hats away just yet.

0 comments: