Saturday, June 7, 2008

Dusting off...

Life is busy around here as usual. The ABSD Sisboom launch was great fun and I met several designers who have already planned new collaborations with me. I still have a few things up my sleeve for the Etsy portion of the launch on June 12. If you love Sis Boom fabrics as much as I do, check out our launch by searching ABSD Sisboom on Etsy next week.


Mark was away on business this week, and for me it meant very lazy late nights- I love having him home to hang out with to watch our favorite shows and to just "be." But with him away, I stayed up too late in the quietness and (ready?) sewed! I dusted off my machines this week and dove in. I made a dress for Julia with a color pattern that she designed. I've asked to add a few extra touches to the dress, but she insists that it is *her* design and it is not to be messed with. I'll take a few pictures this week to show you.

Since I have a sewing bug now, I'm working on something to list with a guest launch I'm in later in June. I'll have sneak peeks sometime this week. You might wonder why I'm doing this if I have no experience in sewing, but actually, I do! My mom has sewn forever, and she sent me to a sewing class when I was young. I'm sure I hated it then- in fact, I remember hating it. But over the years I've sewn this or that- nothing spectacular, but in the last two years I've made a couple wearable things for Julia and Sara. I wanted to find something different to do this summer on those quiet mornings when the kids are sleeping in. Deep down I really don't hate it! Actually, it gets my motor going and I always look forward to the next project, just like with my hair accessories. So stay tuned!


I just listed this bracelet for the end of the Sisboom launch. I'll make a few more of these, as they are a quick and easy accessory that can be made to match anything with a small swatch of fabric.

School gets out in another week, so my life will be turned upside down for 10 weeks. I'm sure you can all relate!

0 comments: